monday reviews is our latest blog series where we provide the facts about different project management tools—no BS and no hyperbole needed. Keep scrolling for our analysis and to learn more about all the project management tools out there. Enjoy!
If you’re researching ClickUp, taking the time to evaluate alternative project management solutions will empower you to choose the best platform for your team. Perhaps you’re looking for a ClickUp alternative, or maybe you’re looking for the right tool for your team before taking the plunge into the exciting project management world.
But with more than 288 project management software out there, sifting through them can be a pretty extensive process.
In this guide, we’ll discuss everything you want to know about ClickUp, and help you understand which project management tool is right for you.
What is ClickUp?
ClickUp is a collaboration tool that’s a relative newcomer to the field, having been founded in 2017. monday.com was founded in 2012, for comparison.
ClickUp offers four pricing tiers — Free Forever, Unlimited, Business, and Enterprise
- Free Forever: you only get 5 workspaces, and can only store 100MB worth of docs. But, it is free, so you get what you pay (or don’t) for.
- Unlimited: mind maps and dashboard widgets are limited in the Unlimited plan (ironically), as are view options. — $9/member/month if you pay monthly.
- Business: maximum of 10,000 automations per month. — $19/member/month if you pay monthly.
- Enterprise: More views and security — “contact sales for price quote”
The Unlimited tier also has a “make a deal” option where you can enter the amount you are willing to pay per month (per user).
What's a solid ClickUp alternative?
ClickUp is a project management software, but there are other contenders that may fit your needs more precisely.
For a totally, non-biased at all example, monday.com has cemented its place as a leader in the project management software sphere because of its wide range of functionalities and easy-to-use interface.
Because monday.com Work OS allows you to build any tool on top of it, it has A LOT of features that are simple to use, set up, and master. We’ve narrowed down some of our favorites here:
- Visual dashboards to make data-driven decisions–easily create summaries, reports, and get a high-level view of everything that is important to you!
- Easy collaborating all in one place–monday.com eliminates the need for painfully long email threads and unnecessary meetings. All communication and files are centralized in one place.
- Integrate the tools you’re already using–keep all your data in the same place, and continue using the tools you love. We offer more than 40 integrations that you can set up in a few clicks.
- Save time with Automations–automate the repetitive work and mundane tasks in seconds so you can avoid human error and focus on the work that really makes an impact.
What is monday.com?
monday.com is a Work Operating System (Work OS). Unlike some other basic project management tools, monday.com helps teams manage projects through every phase—from structuring workflows to resource management, and from time tracking to collaborating with distributed stakeholders and managing customer data.
Simply put, monday.com is an engaging and visual platform that keeps everyone aligned with greater transparency and greater clarity.
monday.com’s philosophy about teamwork is that a solution should provide all the functionalities a team needs to take a job from start to finish—not just a few of them. To do this (and to provide outstanding usability to customers), monday.com integrates with thousands of popular work platforms like Slack, Dropbox, and Google.
ClickUp alternatives FAQ
Who is ClickUp for?
ClickUp is designed mainly for large teams that are seeking a solution to keep project tasks organized and accounted for.
That being said, it also has a free version for small teams.
Which ClickUp alternative is right for your team?
If you’re looking for a ClickUp alternative, there are dozens of options to choose from. Each of them has its relative strengths that could help your team work smarter—not harder.If you’re looking for a ClickUp alternative solution that’s flexible enough to scale with your company, you should try monday.com.
Thanks to its streamlined app integrations, project templates, and highly visual dashboard, the Work OS monday.com has become the choice for many project managers, and more than 100,000 teams.
monday.com reviews: 4.6 / 5 on G2
On reviews website G2, monday.com has a rating of 4.6 /5 from more than 1,200 users! Don’t just take our word for it: more than 7,000 people ranked monday.com 4.6/5 or above on review sites, including G2, Capterra, Trustpilot, TrustRadius, and GetApp.
Ready to learn more? Get started with monday.com now, the first two weeks are on us!