If you’re looking for a work management solution to enhance productivity in your business, Notion and monday.com are two popular options. Notion started out as a note-taking tool, but individuals and small teams now use it to organize tasks, projects, and notes from a central workspace. On the other hand, monday work management allows users to design custom workflows for any organizational process, whether large-scale projects, to-do lists, or data collection for requests and approvals.
This guide compares Notion vs. monday.com with a full breakdown of their features, pricing, ease of use, quality of support, integrations, customer support, and more. We’ll also show you how to get started with a free version of each tool, to explore the functionality on your own.Get started
Notion vs. monday.com: At a glance
Need a quick overview? Here are the main differences between Notion and monday.com pitted head to head:
|- Templates and pre-built blocks
- AI add-on
- Note-taking and live document editing
- Database and tables
|- 200+ ready-made templates
- Embedded monday AI assistant
- Advanced collaboration
- Customizable dashboards with 30+ widgets
- 217+ integrations
- Automation recipes using conditional logic
|Free plan aimed at individuals, paid plans from $8 per user/mo
|Free trial and four premium tiers available from $9 per member/mo
|Ease of use
|8.4 out of 10 in G2
|9.1 out of 10 in G2
|Quality of support
|8.6 out of 10 in G2
|9.0 out of 10 in G2
|4.7 out of 5 in G2
|4.7 out of 5 in G2
Notion vs. monday.com: Features
The features of each project management tool directly impact your ability to be productive, enjoy seamless collaboration, and hit the goals of your project or workflow. Here’s what Notion and monday work management offer.
Notion has a clean and stripped-back feel, but it comprises several features you may find useful:
- Templates and pre-built blocks: Notion offers a community hub with access to 5,000 customizable templates.
- Database and tables: Notion allows for structured data organization, sorting, and filtering.
- Note-taking: Notion offers a flexible editor, markdown support, and multimedia integration, ensuring a seamless experience for capturing and organizing ideas.
- Live document editing: Multiple people can edit the same block or add comments in real-time.
- AI: As a premium tier add-on from $8 per member/mo, Notion AI offers fast-text generation, allowing you to draft copy, write an email, or enhance your writing.
monday work management is a feature-rich platform that enables you to work smarter and more efficiently. Check out the following ways it’ll help you reach your business goals faster.
- Dashboards: monday work management allows you to build the perfect view of your workflow using 30+ widgets related to performance breakdown, team workloads, budgeting, and more. These granular insights power intelligent decision-making for your business.
- Customization: The platform offers extensive choice, including 27+ views such as Gantt, Calendar, or Kanban, 36+ columns, and 217+ integrations to build the perfect work management solution.
- Collaboration: The conversation starts and ends on monday work management. With @ mentions, integrations with Slack and Gmail, and board discussions, it’s easy to keep team members, stakeholders, and guests in the loop.
- Automation: Get more done with our simple automation recipes built using conditional logic, where there’s a trigger and an action. For example, you might set up an automation sequence that emails a team member when you’ve completed a task.
- AI: monday AI assistant incorporates artificial intelligence into your workflows, enabling you to generate templates, formulas, tasks, or summarize complex topics.
Notion vs. monday.com: Integrations
Both Notion and monday work management integrate with other tools in your tech stack, making it easy to connect to third-party tools without hopping from one window to the next.
Notion integrates with usual suspects like Slack, Jira, and Google Drive, enabling you to build your desired workflow. It also partners with third-party tools like Potion and Super, which use Notion as the backend if you wish to host a website.
With monday work management’s integrations, you’ll sync all your tools in seconds and store your data in one centralized location. The platform integrates with 72+ tools for every type of workflow. For example:
- Communication: Microsoft Teams, Google Mail, etc.
- Collaboration: Zoom, Google Calendar, etc.
- Marketing: HubSpot, MailChimp, etc.
- CRM and Finance: DocuSign, Typeform, etc.
- Development: GitHub, Score, etc.
Notion vs. monday.com: Pricing
Budget is always a consideration when choosing the right platform for your business, but the cheapest may not always be the best. Try to focus on the package that delivers the most value to your teams.
Notion offers a free plan aimed at individuals, followed by three premium tiers:
- Plus: $8 per user/mo billed annually for unlimited blocks for teams and unlimited file uploads.
- Business: $15 per user/mo billed annually, including private team spaces, 90-day page history, and up to 250 guests.
- Enterprise: Pricing is available on request. Includes unlimited page history, security & compliance integrations, and a customer success manager.
monday work management offers a free 14-day trial to give you a flavor of the platform’s functionality. Following your trial, there are four premium packages available:
- Basic: $9 per seat/mo for a minimum of 3 seats. Includes one central dashboard with 5GB file storage, unlimited items, unlimited free viewers, and prioritized customer support.
- Standard: $12 per seat/mo to optimize your work across teams from a dashboard of up to 5 boards. This includes Timeline, Gantt, and Calendar Views, guest access, 250 automations, and integrations.
- Pro: $19 per seat/mo allowing you to streamline complex workflows at scale from a dashboard of up to 10 boards. Includes private boards, Chart View, time tracking, formula column, and 25k automations and integrations.
- Enterprise pricing is available on request for a dashboard of up to 50 boards. This includes multi-level permissions, enterprise-scale automations & integrations, enhanced security, tailored onboarding, and premium support.
Notion vs. monday.com: Ease of use
No one wants a platform with a steep learning curve. The aim is to find an intuitive tool with a user-friendly interface that fits seamlessly into your workflows without too much time or training investment. G2’s software community reviews help us understand how Notion and monday work management fare in terms of usability.
Notion ease of use
According to average G2 scores, Notion receives 8.4 out of 10 in the Ease of Use category. As a customizable platform, users can work with slash commands and building blocks to create the tool you need. But one customer explains this can be complicated:
“Notion has a steep learning curve. Sure it’s easy to get the basics down, but to really get good at Notion you need to really invest a lot of time into either experimenting with it or watching tutorials/videos online.”
A workaround here is to use the Notion templates as a jumping-off point for anyone who doesn’t want to start from scratch.
monday.com ease of use
monday work management is known for being a highly user-friendly platform. According to average G2 scores, monday.com receives 9.1 out of 10 for Ease of Use, with small business user Misty D. explaining why it’s so simple and convenient.
“All my important information is in one place and very easy to use daily. It has saved me so much time and headaches. We are very pleased with the program and highly recommend it. Honestly, this is one of the less complicated systems I have ever used. There really isn’t anything I don’t like about Monday. I am comfortable with how it is now, so there is no need to improve. Better than any other program I have ever used.”
Notion vs. monday.com: Support
Whether you have a quick query or a full-blown outage, it’s reassuring to know that you can access excellent customer support if you ever need it. Notion and monday.com differ in terms of the support they offer:
Notion customer support
Notion scores 8.6 out of 10 for Quality of Support, according to G2 users. The level of support available depends on your pricing plan. For example, Notion’s free tier doesn’t offer priority access. However, for Plus, Business, and Enterprise plan customers, interactive support is available via desktop and mobile devices. Enterprise pricing also includes access to a Customer Support manager.
monday.com customer support
monday work management receives 9.0 out of 10 for Quality of Support, with users enjoying a full range of support options on the Basic, Standard, Pro, and Enterprise plans. These include access to 24/7 support, a self-serve knowledge base to dip into, and daily webinars. Enterprise customers also have a Customer Success manager and a guarantee of 99.99% uptime.
Notion vs. monday.com: Customer reviews
Both platforms score well on G2, with an average overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, although monday.com has double the number of reviews received by Notion. Digging further into the opinions and data can help you imagine how you might experience Notion or monday work management.
Notion customer reviews
Based on almost 5k reviews, Notion users enjoy the versatility and flexibility of the product. Much like the features available in monday work management, one user notes, “Notion seamlessly combines note-taking, project management, and collaboration in a single platform, allowing me to centralize my work and personal tasks.”
monday.com customer reviews
Based on almost 10k reviews, monday.com users list the following categories as the platform’s main pros: team collaboration, ease of use, project management, organization ease, and customization. Small business user Frederik L. elaborates,
“What I particularly love about Monday.com is the high level of customization it offers. The ability to create personalized workflows, add columns, and define rules and automations makes it adaptable to various projects and industries. This flexibility is a game-changer for tailoring the tool to specific needs.”
monday.com vs. Notion: Which is the right tool for you?
Choosing between Notion and monday.com boils down to your specific needs and how you value certain features. Both platforms are robust and offer a range of functionality, but some distinguishing factors might tip the scales in favor of one.
Notion can require time and effort to fully understand and utilize its features, but the learning curve could be worth it for those requiring versatility and flexibility in their work management tool. And if you’re an individual user, the free plan represents good value.
But monday work management goes a stretch further by offering a full-bodied solution for teams and organizations of any size or type. Its appealing and user-friendly interface makes adoption a cinch, and its extensive range of features caters to a variety of industries and projects. monday.com also has a wider range of pricing plans, ensuring there’s always something to suit your budget, and you’re only paying for what you need. In terms of value, usability, and support options, it’s an exceptional choice for any business looking for an all-in-one work management solution.Get started
Is Notion a good project management app?
Yes, Notion is a note-taking tool you can customize to function as a project management app. It has features such as task lists, and Kanban boards that make it suitable for organizing projects and tasks. However, it's always worth exploring alternatives to ensure you use the best solution for your business.
Who is monday.com best suited for?
monday work management is suitable for any type or size of business to handle any process, project, or workflow. Whether you need to organize an event, increase collaboration among a distributed team, or keep tabs on your budget, monday work management is the place to be.
Is monday.com or Notion better?
Both platforms offer customizable tools for project management, note-taking, and team collaboration, so the right choice for your business comes down to preference. G2 users suggest that monday work management is easier to use and set up, but Notion’s free plan could make it a good fit for individuals or micro teams.
The information provided in this article is accurate and up-to-date at the time of publication. Changes and updates in the business operations, policies, or any other relevant factors may occur after publication and we encourage readers to verify any information directly.