Whether you’re still working every day from the comfort of your pajamas or are back in the office full-time, by implementing a robust project management tool, you could probably work even more efficiently.
But have no fear, the right tool to supercharge your work (and team collaboration) is here! But with 289 project management software out there, it can be really challenging to know you’re making the right pick.
We’re here to help, and give you a full breakdown of two of the popular options out there: Asana and monday.com.
First things first:
What is Asana?
Asana is a project management software that was founded in 2008 by former Facebook executives as an internal tool within the company to “help everyone track their work.”
In other words, it’s a project management tool intended to improve team communication and collaboration.
What is monday.com?
monday.com is a Work Operating System (Work OS) where you can create any work software to run all of your work–from projects to workflows and everything in between.
It’s intuitive yet powerful, and helps teams of all sizes adjust to shifting needs, create transparency, collaborate with ease, and automate mundane grunt work.
Yes, you can use monday.com for workflow management, but you can also use it as a CRM, to manage your ad campaigns, to track bugs, automate reminders for upcoming due dates, or just about anything, really.
Asana features: straightforward and minimalistic
For those of us who don’t identify as tech savvy (no shame), Asana has a minimalistic interface. That being said, because of how straightforward it is, it’s less visual than other competitors. Since Asana touts itself as a platform that boosts team collaboration, you can attach a file or add a comment using @ mentions to alert, tag, and notify others.
Asana also offers only six view options (like Gantt charts and calendar), which is less than some of its competitors, like monday.com that offers eight different view options. But, the company offers a feature called Workload, which prevents burnout by letting you set restrictions on team members’ workloads. P.S.—monday.com has a workload view too, just putting that out there…
monday.com features: visual dashboards, automations, and more!
Because monday.com allows you to build any work software on top of it, it has A LOT of features that are simple to use, set up, and master. We’ve narrowed down some of our favorites here:
- Visual dashboards to make data-driven decisions: Easily create summaries, reports, and get a high level view of everything that is important to you and that your team is working on. You can read more about the limitless reporting capabilities on monday.com: What are Dashboards?
- Save time with Automations: Automate repetitive work and mundane tasks in seconds so you can avoid human error and focus on the work that really makes an impact.
- Collaboration made easy: monday.com eliminates the need for painfully long email threads and unnecessary meetings. All communication and files are centralized in one place and kept within the context of your work, so you never miss any key information.
- Integrate the tools you love: Keep all your data in the same place, and continue using the tools you love. We offer more than 40 integrations that you can set up in a few clicks.
- Easily tag colleagues to keep everyone aligned: monday.com, similar to asana, allows you to tag and share files
Asana pricing: different plans for different needs (and pockets)
Basic: For individuals or small teams of less than 15 people, Asana offers their most basic plan as a free version “forever,” and includes unlimited storage, access to its iOS and Android mobile apps, and unlimited projects.
Premium: Asana’s premium plan costs $10.99 per user per month, and grants access to forms, dashboards, and inviting unlimited free guests.
Business: Asana’s business plan sets teams back $24.99 per user per month, offering advanced integrations with Salesforce and Adobe, and customizable forms.
Enterprise: There aren’t huge differences between the business and enterprise plans, except that the Enterprise plan includes user provisioning & de-provisioning (SCIM) and priority support. The cost of Asana’s Enterprise plan is not listed on their website.
monday.com pricing: from free to tailored enterprise plans, there’s something for everyone’s budget and needs
Our pricing operates on a “price-per-seat” model. How much you pay will depend on how many seats you need, what features you’re looking for, and whether you want to pay annually or monthly.
monday.com’s Individual tier is a forever free plan that includes all of the Basic plan’s features (keep reading to learn more), but it’s limited to 2 seats and 200 items. But it’s completely free and who doesn’t love that?
You can access it upon completing the 14-day trial free trial, which you can sign up for without a credit card.
This $8 per user per month plan is designed for solopreneurs and smaller businesses. Basic users get access to the following features:
- The ability to create and share customizable forms
- Dashboards (1 board per dashboard)
- Unlimited free viewers
- iOS and Android apps
If you have a small-medium-sized team, this one’s waiting for you. Along with every feature our Basic plan includes, the Standard plan costs $10 per user per month and also includes:
- Timeline and calendar views
- Advanced search functionality
- Automations (250 actions per month)
- Integrations (250 actions per month)
- Up to three boards per dashboard
- The ability to share boards with guests
Here’s what you get inside Pro for $16 per user per month (on top of everything in Basic and Standard, of course):
- Private boards
- Chart views
- Time tracking
- A formula column
- Automations (25,000 actions per month)
- Integrations (25,000 actions per month)
- Up to 10 boards per dashboard
Available for large organizations in need of enterprise-grade project management solutions and security. Enterprise has every feature from the other plans, plus:
- Enterprise-grade security & governance
- 250,000 automations per month
- Advanced analytics and reporting
- Multi-level permissions
- Our tailored onboarding process
- Up to 50 boards per dashboard
- Priority support
Not sure which one of our pricing plans is right for you? Check out our pricing page to play around with the different pricing options and find the perfect option to fit your team and budget.
And don’t worry, every plan comes with a 14-day free trial (no credit card required!) so you can test it out (and maybe even fall in love) before you make a commitment.
Asana customer reviews: 4.3 / 5 on G2
On software comparison and reviews site G2, Asana garnered a 4.3 / 5 ranking from 6,836 reviews.
monday.com customer reviews: 4.7 / 5 on G2
On G2, for comparison, monday.com has a rating of 4.7 /5 on G2 from more than 2,800 users!
In fact, more than 8,000 people ranked monday.com 4.6/5 or above on review sites, including G2, Capterra, Trustpilot, TrustRadius, and GetApp.
Asana customer support: can’t talk on the phone, just text
No one likes being put on hold for hours on end listening to the elevator music. So, Asana does not offer support by phone.
Asana does offer an email and chat support option, with a caveat—only customers who subscribe to its Premium, Business, or Enterprise accounts have access.
Asana also provides email support, FAQs, a knowledge base, and videos for troubleshooting.
monday.com support: faster than your food delivery
Here at monday.com, we take our customer support very seriously, which is why we guarantee our customers 24/7 support, every day of the year!
On top of that, our amazing customer support team has an average response time of less than 60 minutes! So you can rest assured that the help you need is never far away.
Asana vs. monday.com: what are the differences?
With monday.com, you have access to flexible building blocks like integrations, automations, Views, and Dashboards that allow you to build a customized workflow for any team and any function—not all of which are offered by Asana.
Monday.com offers the following :
- More features and views options than Asana offers
- 24/7 customer support with an average response time of less than 60 minutes
- Hundreds of ready-made templates
- The ability to create, customize, and share forms with your team members and clients
- 40+ high-quality integrations
- And much, much more!
Start working more efficiently with the right project management platform for your needs
Whether you like to view your tasks using Kanban boards, Timeline Views, or anything in between, a project management tool or Work OS will definitely help you work more efficiently and effectively.
Don’t know where to start?
Try using monday.com for free, no credit card required!