For nonprofit organizations, events present a unique opportunity to network with potential donors who support their mission and help raise funds.
But of course, planning these profitable events isn’t always a simple process. Many aspects contribute to the success of an event including ticketing, event registration, proper communication and much more. While this all may seem overwhelming, a software designed for event management can ease the planning and organization process, ensuring your event runs smoothly.
Event management software is one of the many online fundraising tools available to nonprofits to help maximize their reach and achieve their goals: monday.com offers a great platform for nonprofits to do so. Through our software, you can manage RSVPs, online bids for auctions and integrate with other software platforms like Eventbrite and TicketSpice. Our management software for nonprofits can even be built into your donor management software or nonprofit CRM to add an extra layer of convenience and value
What is nonprofit event management?
Nonprofits use events to network with possible donors, promote their purpose with the community, and collect finances. Many things fall under the umbrella of event management including:
- Sending attendees important updates regarding the event.
- Selling tickets and collecting RSVPs for an event.
- Tracking attendee data.
- Validating tickets at the time of the event.
Understanding fundraising event software
Event registration software and event management software are other terms for fundraising event software. Charitable event technology is one of numerous online fundraising solutions that may assist groups with tickets, RSVPs, online auction bids, and more. monday.com is an example of feature-rich event registration software that NGOs may employ. Other charities may use donor management software or a nonprofit CRM with an event management component built in.
How is it used?
Businesses and organizations from a variety of sectors utilize event management systems to help with event tickets, booking, facility and onsite logistics administration, seat allocations, and other tasks.
Event management technology for NGOs also includes post-event activities such as real-time surveys and polls to get relevant information from philanthropists and guests. The information gathered from these polls can be utilized to improve future charity events.
Charities, organizations, clubs, churches, schools, and healthcare groups all employ nonprofit event management solutions. Organizations use the event management software for planning an event and other critical activities related to putting on a charitable event.
Event marketing is a standard function in event management solutions. Even nonprofit organizations still need an efficient events tool to help advertise fundraisers and programs to as many users as needed. Ways to advertise events are by using tools for developing customizable event sites, newsletters, launch push notifications, digital marketing, and producing promotional coupons.
This feature enables you to distribute or sell tickets to the event and enrollment for events and conferences both online and offline. You will be able to configure ticket pricing, kinds, bundle sales, and quantity limitations using the ticketing tool.
Registration management is yet another typical function in program management software for NGOs. Users will be able to submit, accept, or deny applications for awareness workshops, fundraisers, conferences, and other charitable events using registration management, which may be done online or offline. This tool will make the enrollment procedure smoother and simpler for everyone, including organizers, volunteers, and attendees. Looking for a way to streamline your RSVP process? monday.com’s sign-up forms could be just what you need.
Analytics and reporting
In event management systems, the analytics and reporting function is critical. You will be able to develop customized reports that you may give to your donors, volunteers, and target audience using this tool. This tool is used by corporations and nonprofit groups to calculate event ROI based on particular indicators such as audience engagement, money allocation, marketing success, and venue use.
Other popular aspects to consider while selecting event management software include onsite management, participant management, and venue management. Onsite management allows you to manage onsite operations such as on-the-spot attendance registration.
Attendee management is a feature that allows you to improve your attendees’ overall experience by employing tools to assist tailor the registration process, including allocated seats, guest list, and VIP management. Users may utilize venue management capabilities to thoroughly evaluate possible venues for forthcoming events. This tool will assist you in preparing and creating a bespoke floor plan that is appropriate for the sort of event you are attempting to arrange.
What are the benefits of event registration software for nonprofits?
Besides some of the points already mentioned, there are multiple benefits to using event management software for nonprofits. When planning a fundraising event, many nonprofits know how incredibly crucial and significant it can be. As such, it is important that every aspect of the event goes off without a hitch, starting with event registration. This sets the tone for the rest of the event. With nonprofit event management software, you can:
1. Collect registration and donations easily: Online event management tools can help you create custom tickets and registration forms. They also let you process credit card payments easily, allowing you to collect and track donations. There is even the option to create add-ons, like merchandise sales through online transactions.
2. Ensure the event is on schedule and on budget: Many nonprofit organizations require the help of numerous stakeholders, who are likely all involved in the nonprofit conference planning process. Event management software can help everyone stay on the same page. You can manage emails between your organization and committee members, vendors, volunteers, and guests, share calendars, create and assign tasks, track deadlines and expenses and do much more. Create checklists to help you and your team stay on top of things.
3. Manage attendees: You want your event to flow seamlessly. At a minimum, nonprofit event management software should include a guest list tool to help manage and communicate with guests. Other important features to look out for are event apps, floor plan layout for events, seating chart buildings, accommodation management (if required), and a check-in tool for managing arriving guests.
4. Process payments: Most event management software for nonprofits offer credit card processing or integrates with payment platforms like PayPal. That said, there are typically ticketing fees or charges associated with each ticket purchase using a credit card. This includes credit card processing fees, which are charged by the credit card companies, and services fees, which are charged by the software platform, i.e. PayPal. These fees are typically a percentage per transaction, although it could be a flat fee.
5. Set up event websites and social media promotions: Marketing is a non-negotiable when it comes to nonprofit events. You need to get as many people interested in your event as possible, as more attendees mean more donations. With event management software, you can easily accomplish your marketing goals through web customization and social media management tools. This lets you easily upload images, videos, and schedules, as well as set up marketing campaigns through Hootsuite, Facebook, and LinkedIn, among others. Other features include survey and poll building to collect feedback from guests to help with future events.
6. Integrate with other platforms and software: In addition to registration and marketing tools, integrating with other software and applications is important when choosing event management software. Typically, nonprofits use numerous pieces of software, which means data is spread across multiple platforms and applications. When planning an event, you should be able to easily integrate with these applications so you can access all required data from one convenient location.
7. Collaborate on mobile devices: One of the many advantages of event software platforms for nonprofits is the ability to enjoy multi-user access. Users will also have control over permission settings, allowing for smooth and seamless collaboration between staff members, volunteers, and committee members. Many applications are also mobile-friendly so users can access the software from Android, Windows, and iOS devices.
8. Donor and donation management: When planning an event, it is beneficial to be able to collect donations online and track donor information. This includes managing registrations and events. As such, it is a massive bonus when event software allows you to set ticket prices and make donations without having to attend the event.
9. Manage sponsorships: Finalizing sponsorships before the event takes place is a great way to offset the expenses, so your event management system must be able to manage sponsorship leads, collect contracts, invoice sponsorship packages, track sponsor information, and send proposals.
10. Access reports and dashboards: A top event planning system will have tools for reporting and analytics. This includes being able to download PDF or .csv reports in Excel or Google Sheets, which can then be shared across the organization and committee members. The system must also offer dashboards for easy tracking and navigation, reminders, status updates, and more.
11. Manage volunteers: Most nonprofits require the help of volunteers, either in a long or short-term capacity. An event management system will help you manage the volunteers and staff on the day of the event, schedule shifts, assign tasks, manage their contact information, and track their assignments for the event day. You want your event to go smoothly, so this feature will help you manage volunteers you may not have worked with before.
Why you should use nonprofit event management software
With cross-functional and top-down insight into your event operations, you can easily control spending and adhere to budget restrictions, resulting in savings and improved returns. Similarly, nonprofit event management software is effective in automating some event management activities, allowing you to save time while completing chores. This can result in less worker time. Furthermore, with the help of a solid event solution, a small staff may execute many duties. Tools such as coding-free event site builders, self-service online registration, autoresponders, and data management automate some of the most time-consuming back office operations in event planning, relieving you from the need to hire extra freelancers. The online registration database can sort paid and unpaid attendees and print badges all at once. On-site payments can also be processed via digital payments or an internet-connected computer.
monday.com’s event management template
From budget planning to event registration and coordinating with vendors, monday.com can handle the entire operation:
- Visualize your entire planning process
- Instantly collect all RSVPs through a form and keep track of your guest list
- Measure success with high-level real time dashboard
- Marketing management integration with social media and other tools