monday reviews is our latest blog series where we provide the facts about different project management tools—no BS and no hyperbole needed. Keep scrolling for our analysis and to learn more about all the project management tools out there. Enjoy!
Insightly is a popular SaaS CRM tool, but you likely know that by now.
But, since you’re here, we’re going to assume you’re either moving away from Insightly or window shopping before diving in.
It’s a little bit like shopping for the right computer or laptop — you want to make sure the one you wind up with will meet your needs for years to come.
To save you some time and help you understand the features of the top options on the market, we’ve put together this comprehensive overview of the best Insightly alternatives.
What is Insightly? In short, a CRM tool
Insightly CRM focuses on a few primary features:
- Marketing. Insightly’s marketing engine is built on the same platform as Insightly’s CRM. The two integrate seamlessly and provide a single, consistent interface and the ability to bring all leads and contacts from the CRM right into the marketing dashboard.
- Sales. Insightly offers enterprise-level sales automation for growing teams. Follow up on leads, close deals, and automate workflows for more streamlined days.
- Projects. “Projects” is the place for insightly users to manage workflow outside of sales. This feature lets users keep track of event planning, internal tasks, onboarding, maintenance, and more. Users can set up pipelines or milestones to stay organized and keep everyone on the same page.
- Integrations. Insightly’s CRM integrations allow users to stay connected to the tools they already rely on. Available integrations include Outlook, Microsoft Office, Gmail and GSuite, Mailchimp, and more.
Insightly also has some automation features to allow businesses to automate their CRM processes and reduce sales bottlenecks.
They also feature solid analytics, which enable you to see the performance of your sales funnels over time:
Good alternative to Insightly: monday.com
Insightly is designed to cater to mid-sized businesses, and it does that well. It’s a functional, usable tool that a lot of people have had good experiences with.
Insightly only focuses on customer and client management.
Insightly doesn’t offer the project management features teams need to handle client projects once they’re in the pipeline. For instance, if you want to build a project dashboard or reports feature, you have to set it up from scratch.
monday.com’s Work OS platform, on the other hand, offers not just the CRM capabilities delivered by Insightly, but also offers a comprehensive library of customizable project templates, like this CRM one below, so you can hit the ground running.
Tell me more about monday.com Work OS
monday.com is a Work Operating System (Work OS) that helps teams manage their workflows.
Whether you’re managing customer data, running projects, shaping tasks, or looking for a way to adapt to shifting needs, monday.com’s attractive, simple, easy-to-use interface and high-level of customization will help you create transparency and connect your team.
Designed to allow comprehensive project management, flexibility, and integration, monday.com offers a sleek, modern dashboard and an extensive library of customizable project templates to jumpstart teamwork.
monday.com offers all the core functionality you need in a CRM, like…
- Document storage
- Email marketing
- Lead scoring
- Marketing automation
- Quote and proposal capabilities
- Task and territory management.
monday.com vs. Insightly: smooth integrations
The main difference between monday.com and Insightly is the availability of integrations. While Insightly caters well to SMBs and offers a variety of native integrations designed to streamline work for those teams, the integration capabilities stop before they truly meet the needs of some users.
For example, Insightly can be difficult or impossible to integrate into certain membership databases and only offers rudimentary email integration. While this isn’t a “must-have” for all teams, it’s a deal-breaker for anyone looking for smooth integration options.
We understand that every team is different and has its own unique needs, which is why monday.com allows for full customization of boards and offers pre-built templates for your industry, specifically.
Difference #1: Insightly’s dashboard, while powerful, doesn’t offer “at-a-glance” functionality
While their functions tend to be easy to use, the lack of a visual layout within the dashboard can be difficult to navigate. For example, if you’re working on workflow management and looking for a quick, visual understanding, you may find yourself wanting more.
monday.com, alternatively, offers drag-and-drop functionality tied to a modern, highly-visual interface that makes it super easy for managers and team members to understand what they’re doing, when it’s due, and who’s responsible before and after them.
Difference #2: Insightly has a high starting package cost, and you might find that the features are just not there for the money.
Lean, startup teams or those working on very minimal budgets (such as freelancers) may find the initial price of Insightly just too high.
monday.com, meanwhile, has a much lower monthly price per user. This makes it a more accessible platform, especially for small teams or freelancers.
In short, monday.com is…
- Customizable. Project management works better when it’s dynamic, and monday.com’s advanced board filtering #tags column, and industry-focused templates create a highly visual, easy-to-navigate experience, built-for-you.
- Accessible. monday.com offers a variety of features designed to make work easier for teams. The new and improved desktop app, for example, works on Mac and Windows, while the streamlined tools like @mentions and limited board permissions make it easy to create a customized dashboard that’s still accessible for everyone.
- Scalable. The right Work OS should grow with your business. monday.com’s extensive app marketplace and available integrations ensure teams get the functionality they need, when they need it, and that the platform keeps pace with every step of their business growth.
Depending on your needs, monday.com offers the following plans:
- Basic. Ideal for small teams who need to manage daily projects. Includes forms, communication with context, unlimited free viewers, apps for iOS and Android, and dashboards.
- Standard. Perfect for a single team that needs slightly more advanced features, such as guest access, automation, integrations, and timeline and calendar views.
- Pro. Includes all the standard package features, plus time tracking, chart views, private boards, and up to 25,000 integration actions per month.
- Enterprise. monday.com’s most advanced plan. This includes all Pro features, plus enterprise-grade automation and integrations, advanced analytics and reporting, multi-level permissions, premium support, and more.
To learn more about monday.com’s plans and pricing, check out the pricing page.
Is Insightly CRM free?
Insightly CRM offers a free plan for up to two users.
This plan allows two people to manage contacts, sales, and projects from a single dashboard. For users who want a more advanced plan, Insightly offers three different pricing packages: Plus, Professional, and Enterprise. Paid plans start at $29/user per month if billed annually.
There are dozens of CRM solutions out there to choose from. Finding the one that’s right for you is a big decision, though. Fortunately, monday.com offers the functionality, integrations, and accessibility that modern teams need to get more done with less stress.
As a full Work OS, monday.com is way more than just a CRM tool. To help teams get more done from a single dashboard, monday.com gives you all the functionality you need to manage client work and projects after you win them.
From the fast setup and highly visual, customizable templates, to the hundreds of existing tool integrations and “view” features (compatible with map, calendar, timeline, and kanban formats), monday.com gets serious about saving you time.
Ready to learn more about monday.com? Hit the ground running with the free, customizable CRM template from monday.com’s extensive template library!