Managing a project is hard. Put in a few more projects into the mix and you start feeling like a juggler at the circus.
That’s where a project management tool comes in handy. From planning and resource management to progress tracking and reporting, having this software in your tech stack can fuel an organization’s productivity and efficiency.
What’s more: it fosters communication, collaboration, and creates transparency.
Now the question is: how to choose the best project management tool for your needs?
Regardless of if you’re trying a project management software for the first time or you’re making a switch from another tool, this article will help you narrow down your list or even choose the right tool for your business.
What is Redmine?
Redmine is an open-source, cloud-based project management and issue tracking tool. With its issue management system, users can set priority on each issue. Redmine users can manage multiple projects and communicate through its messaging platforms.
What are the benefits of Redmine?
The solution includes file management, issue tracking, Gantt charts, calendars, time tracking, as well as feeds, and email notifications.
1. Multiple projects and database support – Using the Redmine project management solution, users can manage multiple projects. Aside from the ability to handle more tasks simultaneously, Redmine supports different databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite.
2. Role-based access control – As there is almost always more than one person involved in a project, this feature lets users assign different permissions for different members.
3. Gantt charts and calendars – Users can track progress on issues in two ways. First on is with a calendar wherein Redmine automatically adds start and due dates of issues. The second one is a Gantt chart that includes start and due dates, status, and resolution of issues.
How much does Redmine cost?
Redmine is a free and open-source project management tool. In a nutshell, this means that the code is freely available for upgrade and redistribution. Thanks to a large number of contributors, the solution is constantly updated. However, it contains basic management tools, and it’s probably not the best option for companies working on more complex projects.
Also, having in mind that it’s maintained by volunteers, so there’s no support team or training, which for many project management tools is the main differentiator.
monday.com: the one Redmine alternative you need
Companies often underestimate the importance of feature-packed project management software and its impact on overall productivity. It can help you foster team collaboration and equip your team members to manage products efficiently.
When choosing a project management tool, focus on its capacity, and make sure that it can support your team along the entire project management life-cycle.
Here are some of the features that distinguish monday.com from other solutions:
1. User-friendly experience – A project management tool is one of the most frequently used tools in a company. That’s why functionality and a user-friendly interface should go hand in hand. Besides the great features, monday.com has intuitive visual tools that simplify the workflow. You can view projects within the interface as timelines, Kanban boards, Gantt charts, a calendar, or a map.
2. Custom workflow automation – Using monday.com’s custom automation builder, users can create complex workflows. This amazing feature allows you to create your own automation flow and add new combinations tailored to your team needs. Being able to automate tasks will fuel your efficiency, and it will prevent you from doing repetitive tasks.
3. Seamless third-party integrations – You can seamlessly integrate monday.com with your favorite tools and rely on the synergy of your tech stack. Choose from a variety of CRM, marketing, software development, and project management integrations.
4. Outstanding customer support – Users are not always aware of the importance of customer service before choosing a project management solution. Later on, it turns out that no matter how many features there are, not having support when you face a bumpy road can affect your business. Aside from the 24/7 customer support, monday.com has a self-serve knowledge base and daily webinar that help users get the most out of the tool.
Redmine is more an issue tracking tool, whereas monday.com is a complete project management solution. As well as features like multiple projects support, issue tracking, and Gantt chart, monday.com also has advanced features like visual workflows, custom workflow automation, ready-made templates, a user-friendly interface, and an array of third-party integrations.
Is there a difference between project and issue management?
Issue management is the process of identifying and resolving issues. On the other hand, project management is a much broader term consisting of planning, organizing, and managing the effort to accomplish a successful project. When choosing a project management tool, make sure to look for a solution that has a range of features that simplify project management from start to finish.
How does monday.com compare to other project management tools?
The great things about monday.com are the visual approach to simplify processes, intuitive and customizable dashboards that make it easy to delegate tasks, and the seamless integration of multiple tools.
monday.com offers functionality that can fuel your project management in the best possible way. Not only will it help you with every aspect of project management, but it will also break down silos by bringing your team together and unleashing their full potential to achieve goals.
Curious to find out how monday.com can help you execute your projects seamlessly and become the backbone of your business?