How much does Smartsheet cost?
monday reviews is our latest blog series where we provide the facts about different project management tools—no BS and no hyperbole needed. Keep scrolling for our analysis and to learn more about all the project management tools out there. Enjoy! 😊
If you’ve had enough of the project management limitations imposed by traditional spreadsheet software, then you’re likely on the hunt for a more well-rounded Work OS.
Problem is, you can very easily find one that seems perfect, but may be out of your budget.
So instead, let’s start with that make or break factor: pricing.
In this article, we’re going to take a look at one of the most well-known spreadsheet alternatives: Smartsheet.
And to save you from doing the hard yards yourself, we’ve put together a quick look at Smartsheet’s pricing plans and features. As well as a brief rundown on our own pricing and features, so you can decide which project management software is the best fit for you.
Smartsheet offers multiple project management tool views (like the Kanban board or Gantt chart), dashboards, reports, and custom forms that automatically map to specific columns in your sheets (as does monday.com!)—making it a great fit for more complex projects requiring team collaboration.
Here are a few project management features you’ll find in Smartsheet:
- Subtasks: Assigning subtasks to larger tasks allows for a more accurate and concise view of project management, especially when you’re able to expand and collapse subtask views as you please.
- Reminders: Helpful for those of us with way too much on our plates.
- File attachments: Collaboration in a digital workspace means sharing resources, and Smartsheet allows users to attach files to their sheets to aid this.
In sum, Smartsheet clearly offers a number of more advanced task management and digital workspace features. However, it’s not without its limitations:
- Smartsheet’s integration set is pretty low compared to other tools
- Importing from Excel loses some advanced functions like conditional formatting
- Control for non-admins is pretty limited
But what does it cost?
Smartsheet pricing: the more you pay the more you get
When almost half of projects blow out the original project timeline and scope, project managers clearly have their work cut out for them.
If you’re still working in basic planning frameworks like traditional spreadsheet software and to-do lists, then you’re going to benefit hugely from moving up to a dedicated project management software, in terms of both work pace, and the ability to keep costs down.
Smartsheet offers 4 different pricing plans under 2 umbrellas.
The first is their Standard package, which gives users the option to choose between Individual and Business feature sets.
The second is their Enterprise package, again offering 2 options: Enterprise (a little confusing), and Premier.
Cost: $14 per user per month.
What do you get with Smartsheet’s Individual plan?
Smartsheet’s Individual plan is pretty aptly named: it’s designed for freelancers and solopreneurs who need to up their project planning and management game.
The feature set is a little limited, but Individual plan users get access to:
- Smartsheet’s integrations with other apps
- Data capturing forms that sync with your sheets
- Smartsheet’s library of predesigned templates
- Some automated workflow functionality
Cost: $25 per user per month.
What do you get with Smartsheet’s Business plan?
Most growing companies are going to find more value in Smartsheet’s Business plan.
You get all of the Individual plan inclusions, but with a stronger focus on reporting, metrics, task status updates, and general workflow management.
Here are a few of the additional features you’ll gain access to when you upgrade to the Business plan:
- The ability to apply custom branding to your Smartsheet spreadsheet
- Extended data analytics, and stronger reporting with consolidated information
- Progress tracking abilities with Smartsheet’s Activity Log
- Live dashboards and charts for a more visual representation of project progress
- Additional management abilities for groups and users
It’s worth bearing in mind that with the Business plan, Smartsheet has a minimum seat count of 3 licenses.
Cost: Enterprise plan customers must contact Smartsheet’s sales team for pricing.
What do you get with Smartsheet’s Enterprise plan?
If you’re heading up large projects within a corporate enterprise, chances are Smartsheet’s Standard plans aren’t going to cut it for you.
Enter Enterprise: Smartsheet’s second tier of plans.
Somewhat confusingly, there are 2 versions under the Enterprise umbrella, 1 of which is called Enterprise.
With Smarthseet’s Enterprise Enterprise plan, users get all the benefits of the Business plan as well as:
- No limit on the number of sheets you can create
- Single sign-on capabilities
- The ability to automate the addition of new users
- More customization for aspects such as file sharing and storage, sharing, and user experience
- Deeper admin features
- The ability to add on Premium features and support (at an extra cost)
Cost: Premier customers must contact Smartsheet’s sales team for pricing.
What do you get with Smartsheet’s Premier plan?
The cream of Smartsheet’s pricing plan crop, Premier is designed for large-scale enterprises that already have a number of deeply embedded systems.
As such, Premier offers much more robust integration features with other SaaS tech such as Salesforce, Jira, and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
That’s going to be a vital point in the decision-making process for larger enterprises, as successful integration is at the heart of speedy project workflows.
In addition to these integrations, Premier Smartsheet users also receive:
- Premium support
- New apps such as Calendar and Pivot
- A new Dynamic View, which allows for sharing control at a granular level
For comparison’s sake, here’s how much a solid Smartsheet alternative costs:
How does monday.com pricing work?Like the software itself, monday.com pricing is straightforward and easy for everyone to make sense of.
We offer 4 different plans, each of which are billed per seat per month, giving teams the ability to scale up or down as their team flexes and grows.
Here’s what you’ll find in each monday.com pricing plan:
- Basic: Designed with small teams in mind, our Basic plan provides unlimited boards, a dashboard view, 5GB of storage, and our handy mobile app updated in real-time.
- Standard: The Standard plan is our most popular plan, and there’s a lot for teams to love! With advanced search functions, new Timeline and Calendar views, and the ability to share boards with guests, the Standard plans gives teams the ability to track and manage their workloads easily.
- Pro: Users needing a higher volume of integration and automation actions will benefit from our Pro plan. So will those who desire Private boards and advanced sharing permissions.
- Enterprise: Built for big teams and scaling organizations, this plan offers enterprise-grade project management, scaled automations and integrations, premium support, and deeper reporting and analytics than any other plan.
Our pricing page lets you play around with the different options to find the perfect price and solution for your team and budget.
Still not sure which plan is right for you? Check out our blog: monday.com pricing: which plan is right for you.
So, what is monday.com?
monday.com is a Work Operating System (Work OS) designed to help your team plan, track, and manage projects in their own way—from projects to processes, to workflows, resource management, and everything in between. It’s simple but intuitive and helps teams of all sizes shape workflows, adjust to shifting needs, create transparency, collaborate with ease, and stop doing manual grunt work.
Yes, you can use monday.com to manage teams and all your projects, but you can also use it as a CRM, to monitor your ad campaigns, to track bugs, to manage customer projects, and to manage video production, or just about anything, no matter how complex, really.
At monday.com, we’re all about getting work done, and getting it done efficiently. That’s why, with monday.com, teams can switch between various views, integrate with their favorite app(s), create smart workflow automations, and use a variety of customizable templates to get off the ground quickly.
monday.com support: 60 minutes or less
No one likes being put on hold for hours, or hearing the dreadful music often associated with it. Here at monday.com, we take our customer support VERY seriously, which is why we guarantee our customers 24/7 support, every day of the year!
In addition to being available every single day, our incredible team of customer success wizards have an average response time of less than 60 minutes! So have no fear, monday support is always near!
monday.com eliminates the need for painfully long email threads and unnecessary meetings. All communication and files are centralized in one place, so you never miss any key information.
monday.com: your new Smartsheet alternative
Here’s a look at just some of what our visual platform can offer you and your team:
- Hundreds of ready-made templates to get started instantly
- 40+ high-quality integrations so you can bring data from the tools you already use
- The ability to create and share forms with your team members and clients
- An endless number of automations to automate mundane tasks and emails
Still not convinced?
Check it out yourself: try our platform now, the first two weeks are on us!
If you’ve still got some questions about whether monday.com would work for your team, feel free to chat with our team.