Searchable views, easy export for board data, and much more!
We know that one of the reasons many of you use monday.com is because it’s able to keep up with the changing needs of your projects, processes and workflows. It’s easy to shape and customize your boards and forms to meet any need and work better with any team.
And we owe a lot of that to you all! Some of our best updates have come straight from your requests.
But with so much going on, it’s easy for the super useful, exciting updates that our R&D team has been hard at work on to slip by without being noticed.
In an attempt to stay on top of it all, we’ve been keeping an internal board to make sure everyone on the monday.com team stays up to date on new features, updates, and improvements to our platform. We called this board the Captain’s Log (shout out to our fellow Star Trek nerds) and now, we would like to share all of the great things they’ve been working on with you.
This is the first of a series, sharing our updates—big and small- to help you and your teams achieve your goals with monday.com
Here’s what happened this week:
Export to PDF/PNG/JPEG/SVG/CSV and to print
- Built a beautiful board that you want to share? Have data that you need to export somewhere? Want to print out a dazzling data visualization? You asked for it – and now you’ve got it. You can export charts and dashboards to PDF/PNG/JPEG/SVG/CSV and to print in seconds!
Here’s how you do it: :
Search Within Your Views
- Now you can instantly find the view for you! We’ve added a search bar within views so you can go straight to the info you need.
Column ID View in Developer Mode
- For all of the developers working with our API or Zapier integrations, we added the ability to see column IDs after activating “Developer Mode”, accessible from monday.labs. This should make your processes that much faster and easier!
Check out this post to learn more!
- Get a quick overview of the timeline for a group of items! Our new summary view appears in the timeline column and gives you a quick and easy look into your whole project timeline. It also reacts in real-time to any changes made within the items in your group, so you can always know where you stand.
- Event planners – rejoice! monday.com now integrates with eventbrite, the event ticketing and management site. Easily sync your registrations and analyze your data from Eventbrite for easy and streamlined event planning. You can learn more details about the integration in this post.
- Here are a few automation updates that should make your workflow even smoother. When a number column value is greater/lower/equals, you can now get notified and when status changes to something create a new group:
- We’ve also updated the “create a board” automation. It used to be this…
And now it’s this! You can define exactly what kind of board you’d like to create, as you’re creating it.
(For now, this is only available in general Workspaces)
- Ever wish you could have more flexibility for your outlook email automations? Well, we heard you! Until now, it was only possible to create static conditions on an email’s subject/body/sender/receiver – you defined them once and they were the same for the entire board.
Now they can be dependent on the item name/column values to allow different behavior for different items. For example, when an email from an address arrives, you can list it as an update on a specific matching item by its name.
Search Within Your Notifications Now in 3 Separate Tabs: All, Unread & Today
- Do you ever see a notification, get distracted, and then somehow never succeed in tracking it down again? Now your notifications can be divided into:
- All – all notifications (read, unread, today)
- Unread – notification that hasn’t been marked as read
- Today – notification received on that day
You will also be able to search within the tab that you are currently in (i.e if you search “mobile” within the Unread tab, you will only find unread notifications that mention “mobile”).
You can get a taste for how it looks here:
Keep an eye for our next Captain’s Log to stay in the know on all things monday.com. If you have specific questions in the meantime, you can always search our knowledge base and read in-depth coverage on some of our most popular products.